Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A resume critique AND a free t-shirt?? COUNT ME IN

Any of you who know me know that I love the fact that you can almost always get free t-shirts from WPI. But now, the first 250 people who get their resume critiqued in the month of September get a super spiffy t-shirt for FREE. I know pretty awesome right? Ok truth be told I'm more excited about getting my resume critiqued and brought up to date than I am about the t-shirt (hold off on the geek comments :-D ). I spaced out a little bit and forgot to add on my IQP onto my resume, so I've still got to get it critiqued another time or two to figure out how exactly to fit everything I want to display onto one page.

Before I started my resume 2 years ago, I thought it was something that you write, get critiqued, upload into Job Finder and then forget about... HAHA. Resumes should always be a work in progress, and should get updated often, with new courses you've taken, new skills you've learned and experiences that contribute to your qualifications. It's a good idea to get your resume started as early as possible and update it minimally once or twice per year to make sure it shows everything you've got to offer. I'd be mortified if I handed a company my resume that left out my IQP or some of the new courses I'm taking. This is just something to keep in mind, and maybe on some random Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 1-3 when you're chilling out in the Campus Center biding time before your next class, you'll remember that Walk-Ins are available and only take about 15 minutes of your time. You'll thank me later, I promise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment