Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Post Mock Interview

So in the craziness that was last week, I had my mock interview.... and the following review of it...

First off, being video taped wasn't awkward, watching the video directly after it definately was though!!! I think the worst part about it was actually seeing how bad certain parts that I knew weren't great were. That being said, the whole experience was extremely helpful. To be honest I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to prepare for the interview, and I wasn't expecting that fact to show as much as it did. I am really glad I took the oppertunity to be interviewed though because as it turns out, I have two interviews tomorrow TWO!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I have so much I need to do to prepare, but I think the biggest tip I can give anyone who has an interview coming up, is to review the packet on Interview Skills available in the CDC or on your Job Finder account and come up with various examples from different projects and experiences to answer the common questions listed. Also come up with a few questions YOU want to ask the employer too. These questions should never be "So what is this internship again?" or any variation of that question!!! Ask questions about how you will be interacting with collegues, other interns and mentors, what a day in the life of a person in that position is like: basically get creative but never suggest that you have not done research about the company!!!!!

Personally, I am still pretty nervous for tomorrow. Both interviews are for the same company, but for different positions. It's basically my top choice company at the moment, but I'm definately keeping all of my options open. Tonight in an effort to prep for the interview, I'm going to create lists of examples, iron my clothes, and GET SOME SLEEP so I don't say something stupid... which may or may not have happened during my mock interview.... whoops. Lesson learned: a good night's sleep makes the filter between my brain and my mouth work a bazillion times better.
On that note... I hope to post back later in the week, and let you all know how it went!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, best of luck to all of you as well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment