Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Annd we're back!

So break is now over and things are quickly picking up here at WPI. Personally I'm already bombarded with email assignments and meetings and all of the craziness that surrounds being a student here.

As for my job search? Let's just say I didn't have a chance to stick to my goal. I ended up being far busier than I expected with family things over break and didn't quite get the chance to accomplish everything that I wanted to.

On the other end, I heard back from the company I had a phone interview with and I didn't get the job. Not that it was really a surprise, as I am fairly certain I spent a good portion of the interview giggling... I don't think I'd hire me either after that! Although the position sounded really interesting, the location was once again far enough away that it probably wouldn't work well for me so I guess it all worked out in the end anyways.

As much as it sucks to get the email saying you didn't get it, I am treating the entire experience as a chance to learn from my mistakes and hopefully be a better candidate when a job I am super interested in comes along.

At the moment, everything job related is going to have to take a back seat for a week or two, as my classes come first and I'm pretty sure I'm already behind... and sick. What is it with those two thing?

New Year's Resolution: Don't get behind, don't get sick and get better about sorting and prioritizing my email. And when I say New Year's I mean starting as soon as I feel better!

Hope things are going well for you guys, and that you're having good luck in your searches!

No comments:

Post a Comment